Friday, February 18, 2011

The truck race


So after our dinner, Papa Joe announces that he is going to watch the truck race ON TOP of the Beast. So off he goes with his chair...
Not to be outdone, I had to climb up to capture the moment.



As you can see, lots of others have done the same...many even have flat screen tv's on top of their motor homes. Race fans are serious!






This man's job intrigues me... He is across the track from us..with a yellow flag. In this age of technology, wouldn't you think his job would have been replace by a light?


All alone on turn1. This could be a long night for him. I wish I could run across the track and talk to him. Papa Joe says no.

I found some charming folks from Mississippi. One thing I learned when Madeline was at Ole Miss, Mississippians are full of charm and really know how to throw a party. There are 3 motor homes of Mississippians having a potluck, just up the way...I saw ham, pasta, grits and more. I guess that I wasn't dressed for the party, they didn't invite me in. I just stood and oggled their spread. Then a nice NASCAR official offered to drive me back to the Beast in his golf cart. I declined, graciously...I wanted to walk. Then, darn it, I regretted my decision, I could have learned a lot from him!

What I did learn today..
1. You can make a lot of money if you run 1-800-toilets. Think about it...thousands of motor homes, mostly filled with men, who drink a lot of beer and eat a lot of junk food...these motor homes need to be pumped out daily
2. You would be insanely rich if you ran the Budweiser distributorship here. Tired, but rich
3. Golf cats are big business as well...they are everywhere. I even saw 2 men at TJ Maxx in a Porta Potty golf cart buying pillows today. Go figure.

Until tomorrow...

Location:Daytona infield

No comments:

Post a Comment