Saturday, February 19, 2011

Evening in Daytona

Well, Papa Joe and I went to a great steakhouse for dinner, and on the way home we saw the haulers heading back home, to North Carolina I assume!



Little known fact, my Henry inlaws used to live around the corner from Rick Hendrick. Trivia!


Joe says they are the truck and Nationwide haulers. Man, are they ever clean. Put my car to shame!!


And they all have these tricked out golf carts... I want!!!
I am intrigued by the Daytona trash cans...they are old oil drums, I assume, all covered in red plastic. Why? Only thing I can think, is that it makes them look nicer. Well, that it does



Walking home, I just had to share some tunnel love with you!!! It is a thrill for those who drive through it...indescribable really. Me, I have walked through it enough times, I am sick and tired of all of the horn honking in the tunnel.





Sorry it is blurry!!! Adult men, fun? I guess!



And I tried to get Papa Joe to take a picture of me celebrating with my man Junior in the tunnel, obviously, that did not happen!

The neighbors are out...well, as you can see, in their chairs. They were playing Journey...shirtless guy nowhere to be found.


He's there now and I imagine the music will change soon.

meet my darling friends Ben and Liz.


Cutest things around. They run the little store behind the Beast. They grew up together in Thomasville, Georgia. Life long friends, in fact Ben is dating Liz's best friend. Ben just graduated from Auburn with a degree in Agronomy (too bad T. Hint, he is adorable and taken). Liz is a student at Ogeechee Tech, where she is studying to be a Veterinarian Tech. (come on down Cole, she is darling!). Ben's uncle is the boss man(very nice, I met him). The business is Fair Foods and concessions...what a fun job for Ben and Liz.
Race trivia from Ben, his girlfriend's room mate at Tennessee dates The King's (Richard Petty) grandson Richard Look.

And Tom Murray, both Liz and Ben are excited for you that Tony won!!!

The Great American Race is tomorrow...I can't wait to share. Sweet dreams. And I am serious Cole, Liz is a keeper!

Location:Patio of our estate

2 comments:

  1. so much fun, Mary! You need a permanent blog, although there isn't as much excitement on College Avenue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need more pics of people in jorts!!! AHH come on mom!

    ReplyDelete