Saturday, February 19, 2011

Nationwide Race Day

Well, it was quite a race last night. Actually, while Papa Joe remained up top, I was in the belly of the Beast. Don't fret, not only could I hear the race, I could see the trucks as they came around the first turn. A major wreck with 4 laps to go and another green,white checkered finish. And Michael Waltrip won his first truck race. A real crowd pleaser!



It was a great win for Michael. For him, to win in the #15 had special meaning. 10 years ago, on the same date, also driving the #15, Michael won his first Daytona 500. My man Junior finished 2nd. Unfortunately, that was also the race where Dale Earnhardt wrecked and was killed. So Michael dedicated his win to the man who was his friend, and boss- the Intimidator, Dale Sr.

Today is the Nationwide race. I am excited...a soft pretzel for lunch! Oh and yes, of course, the race. My man Junior is racing in the Hellman's Mayonnaise car. I have a problem with is, as I really don't eat mayo....why couldn't it be a mustard car???

We all know that Junior is THE fan favorite, the stands are all a sea of green ( Jr shirts). Face it Tom Murray, we all like Tony, but everyone LOVES Junior! Today's race will be fun...me cheering on Junior, cheering for Tony Stewart for my buddy Tom, and watching Papa Joe cheer his his girl Danica!


Wish you were here!!

Location:Daytona

3 comments:

  1. Mary, If you get to the Fan Zone/pit/garage area and happen to see Miss Sprint Cup 2011 would you mind taking a picture. Actually 2010 would be better but I guess I can't be too picky at this point.

    Thanx in advance!
    Jake's dad

    p.s. please don't tell Jake's mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan's boyfriend's family as well as Don are all fans. They are all loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s.s. Please don't tell Jake's mom that I used her Google account to send these!!

    ReplyDelete