Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Practice



So since last we met, Papa Joe and I walked about 5 miles, ending at Panera Bread for lunch. Celebrity sighting number 2.... Greg Biffle. Who just happens to be my son Cole's favorite driver (if and when Cole watches NASCAR). Bless the Biff's heart, he posed for me, not once but twice. My first photo was blurry. Poor Papa Joe remained in the booth and just shook his head.


Did you know that NASCAR fans celebrate Valentine's Day?? Me either!



After lunch I got my Target fix...did I tell you that I have a serious Target addiction?
When I got back to the Beast..practice was underway and this is where I found Papa Joe. Happy guy.


Sad news race fans, Martin Truex just ran into Junior (who had the fastest time in practice....199.5 mph. Poor Junior, had to get out another car...no justice I tell you!
Never, in my wildest dreams would I have ever imagined that I would attend a NASCAR event. But I tell you, this is big stuff...an amazing mix of Americans, from all across this great land of ours. Amazing people watching (oh you just wait!!).



Have you heard about the high banks at Daytona? (me either!) well, trust me, they are HIGH. I imagine my car would just slide on off! Pretty amazing to see.

then there is poor Papa Joe..just waiting and watching for Danica...



Until later....

Location:The track

No comments:

Post a Comment