Thursday, February 17, 2011

Back in the Beast

An afternoon spent at the reck watching the dual 150's. More great people watching... And I learned several things about the NASCAR nation...
1. It is better to be a woman at the race..you have much shorter bathroom lines. Think men and LOTS of beer.
2. I learned what a green, white, checkered finish is.
3. I learned that people come from all over for races...not just the U.S., all over Canada and Nova Scotia. And they all love Junior...no lie.
4. I thought for a while that people in the NASCAR nation are really friendly, until the race is over, then get the heck out of their way...they are out of beer and want more. They will run you over
5. They sell really good soft pretzels at the track.

Some images from today:









Junior's pit crew



And his pit crew in action. And speaking of action...






A great sunset..



And the fun begins...






As the moon rises, and the cute little trucks qualify...



Until tomorrow...unless of course we go for a walk and I see something I just have to share......

Location:Daytona

1 comment:

  1. You're teaching us about the Daytona! Snow is almost gone on College Avenue!

    ReplyDelete