Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday at Daytona

It poured last night Wes, so the wheelbarrow races will be Friday night!


now we know about the statue... And today.....Well, where do I start? At the Midway..


Papa Joe made a friend


Return of some old friends...





Susan did a much better job with the flowers in Jacksonville, I must say





T'shirt I liked....


And did not like....looks like they did not like me either!


Truck driver Jason Leffler signing autographs. Then, thanks to my friend Ralph, I reconnected with a friend from High School who I haven't seen In at least 25 years...Tony Rowe. Tony works in NASCAR. He drives Greg Zippadelli's motor home. Greg is Danica's crew chief. Tony worked for Jimmie Johnson for years..as a spotter..and won 4 championships with him


He took us to the owner/driver lot where we saw...


Juniors motor home...and


His golf cart. Junior was out practicing.


The Busch brothers...Kyle on the left, Kurt on the right


Papa Joe in front of none other than Danica's motor home....getting closer!!!


At the playground...Jimmie Johnson, Carl Edwards wife and child and Casey Mears. Ok, so cool!!!!


That's what I like to see...involved parents! Go Jimmie! I told Tony that I was a Junior fan, and he said Junior was really shy...not a rockstar like you would think. Tony said that Jimmie Johnson was "off the charts" - that as far as being a nice guy, he was the best. Pretty cool! great reconnecting with an old friend, and we plan on spending more time with Tony later on.

Location:Bellevue Ave,Daytona Beach,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment