Thursday, February 14, 2013

Daytona

We started this rainy Valentines Day in such a happy way...well, for me..Outlet shopping...as In Gucci and Kate Spade...I am such a nice Mommy....my lucky girls!


Yes, a Gucci Fiat. No, I didn't buy that. Sorry Madeline.


Just a teaser girls...
Everyone is in the Valentine spirit....


See, it's a heart.
We stopped for "fuel". You men are weird, it's gas.


Yep, there we are! I went inside to shop...well, I men, the truck stop is called Love's... Well I'm here to tell you it is not a Valentine store. So I bought Tylenol PM. When I came out, I was being so pleasant visiting with all the truckers until Papa Joe told me to stop, "they might think you are "working"." Well, I thought he meant working at Love's ....no, he meant working as in "working girl". " This isn't home, Mary. You can't talk to everyone you see." I have to admit, at first I was horrified...but then, dare I Say it, I was almost flattered...well, ok, not really. But I have always been the " girl you take home to Mom, not the girl you date." (Figure that one out since I was somewhat of a frequent marrier...circumstances folks, circumstances!!) So, for a second, I thought I was the "working girl". Then I looked at my suburban Mom Lululemon wardrobe, and, ok. Right. I had my moment.
Then...we arrived...


Hello rainy Daytona...when I last saw you, it was raining. What the heck.
A local infielder...


Oh the fun is just beginning folks!!!
So, welcome to my new neighborhood. A gated community, on a lake, with a bike path, a neighborhood pub on the dock, with full time security, daily trash removal, and a view some would kill for. Ok, ok, it's the Daytona infield, but this year..we are living large...Lake Lloyd! And our little neighborhood within the infield is gated...we are living with the big dogs!


Daytona my way. And that gray!? Lake Lloyd, and then the track. I have palm trees, a lake and 2 1/2 miles of asphalt!
So what to do in the rain??.


I drove out of the infield....


Under the tunnel....woo hoo...my first time driving here!!


On to International Speedway Boulevard to the shops! I LOVE Daytona my way!!!

Location:Daytona Infield

1 comment:

  1. oh my hilarious! You a working girl? haha Can't wait to see what is in that Kate Spade bag!

    ReplyDelete