Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Another race day off...for me

I know there is some kind of racing going on, because I hear it...and if I look across Lake Lloyd I see it...but, to me it just sounds like the Jacksonville Speedway on a summer Saturday night. So, today....Papa Joe was on a mission to buy tickets...for the Duels, Nationwide and The Great American Race. Since Danica won the Pole, interest is HIGH. So I showed him a short cut, walking, to the ticket building. Uh oh...me and my big ideas...the east tunnel was closed, so, we had only walked 1 mile, so we walked back one mile and then two miles further. This is when I left and went to the bookstore and saw....a NASCAR bug..



I mean really, what the heck is that??? Afterwards, I met up with Papa Joe and we began the 2 mile walk home...which was made easier for Papa Joe, when we saw the Duck Dynasty Pontoon. I'm not too up to speed on this phenomenon, but oh my Joe is!


then...I had a great idea...lets go walk on the beach!!!


It was a beautiful day....


So we did...I think I wore him out walking...so we ended up on the pier, with these...


I can handle that. The beach was crowded...and I learned that NASCAR nation looks the same, on the track and at the beach....


They still wear their fanny packs....


Their tattoos and jackets....


Jeans and boots...it was 80 degrees...and they are on THE BEACH


They still support their drivers...


And they do have fun!


But folks, it's the beach!
After a long walk and a brief respite, we headed back to the infield and a beautiful sunset..


Reflecting off of Lake LLoyd...


Behind the Pole


And over turn One. Pretty nice ending to a nice day....tomorrow, it all picks up...the NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers have 2 practices, which means they are all back in the house....so Papa Joe will be back in the garages...me, I'm thinking manicure and pedicure. Daytona my way folks!

Location:S Williamson Blvd,Daytona Beach,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment