Saturday, October 20, 2012

Saturday at the track...

Sunshine today! So we headed out to buy tickets for Sunday...but first Papa Joe saw Jennifer Jo Cobb unloading her car..so guess what? No, he didn't help..he saw a photo op...


Nice as she could be...


Then he wanted to visit a hauler...he made it to the doorway..


These folks could not understand why the ladies selling ADA tickets could not give them Hospitality passes....so that made me think...if I were a NASCAR driver I would follow Richard Petty's advice...get out and talk to the fans...so many drivers rush by...but come on NASCAR...think about it..the fans buy the t-shirts, hats, coolers, backpack and the $130.00 jackets....in bulk I think. These fans spend big bucks..not just on gear, but they even personalize license plates and buy tickets for the entire family...and in my observation, many of them forego dental care and personal grooming to be able to participate in NASCAR nation. So drivers greet your fans...the toothless ones inevitably spend more than others! Also our Presidential candidates should embrace NASCAR nation...my thought is...win them over and you will win the election. NASCAR nation is HUGE. Ok, enough of the sermon. Dang, that felt good!!


Papa Joe making friends and warming up his morning with a Bloody Mary. Fear not, I left them a tip.


A view from our race seats for Sunday.


A view of our neighborhood..we are just to the right of the far garage. Tough, we know. Thanks Tony! And where is Tony? Making chili for "the guys"


Walking through the pedestrian tunnel to the grandstands


Then on to Pit Row...for Sprint Cup practice...Terry Labonte


Jamie MacMurray


Marcos Ambrose


Danica


Regan Smith as Junior


I want a red suit...red is my favorite color...


Technology rules...everywhere....I thought we were here to watch race cars?? Ok, so I am on my iPad, using my camera...so what!?


Papa Joe in the Pits...he just said: "I am so happy" :) trust me, that is a happy face. Really.


Back in the garage...Jeff Gordon


The spotters.... I know, I always talk about them, but what a job...windy..and just look how high up they are...


In the garage area..


The Cat in The Hat...Jack Roush....


Jamie MacMurray


The back of Danica...


The side of Danica...trust me, I am not the only creepy stalker here


This is one of Danica's garage gas cans getting weighed...


By my new friend...I have already forgotten his name. He works in Danica's garage when she runs NASCAR...otherwise he works for the 39 team, Ryan Newman. I asked if Danica was nice...a long pause and he said "she is not as bad as Ryan Newman, that's for sure." so, she's not all warm and fuzzy. I then said I heard that Jimmie Johnson was off the charts nice..and he said true. I said that I had heard that Carl Edwards wasn't very nice and he said, "he's alright. He just gets a little crazy. One night in Daytona, four of us were eating in Olive Garden..he came in and came over an talked to us for awhile...nice as he could be. Then when we went to pay, we found out he had bought our dinner. Reallynice.. Then a few weeks ago, he was backing out of the garage, all mad, and ran into a crew member and broke his wrist. Had to air lift the guy out. Carl was all tore up about it." well, I guess so!
Then I saw Gayle..no, don't know her, but she works with my friend Wes and is Justin Algair's mother in law


So I introduced myself...I know, hard to imagine me making a new friend.


Here's Justin. Our neighbor


And a Justin fan


In the Nationwide Pits...Elliot Sadler


Kenny Wallace...man was he ever giving his gum a workout!


Danica beside her Nationwide car..she is TEENY


Joey Logano..why does it always seem like they see me and are afraid???
Joey got the pole for the Nationwide race. Talk about friendly, nice guy.


Austin Dillon...Richard Childress' grandson.
Ok, I am tired. And I wonder if anyone reads this...but, it won't stop me! Ok, tired and rambling. All for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment