Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hello Race Fans!

Papa Joe and I set out last night for a weekend adventure in Kansas. Yes race fans, it is race week in Kansas City!


Pulling out of the farm in the belly of The Beast...in a terrible rain storm. NOT complaining...Lake Jozark is in dire need of rain. And I wasn't driving, so heck, no problem!


And I had my favorite game!


Papa Joe admiring this siding...at...


You guessed it...Cracker Barrel. Wants to do this at the farm...can't take the man anywhere!!!


Then....the arrival. You see, I know Papa Joe is rather fond of me, and considers keeping me around, but now, I KNOW he sees value in that...why? Because my High School friend Tony works for Stewart Haas racing. He met us at the entrance...


We went here....and got our HOT passes for the weekend...which means...we can go anywhere...pits, you name it. Then we followed Tony into the tunnel...


Don, our Hospitality dude is in the closest golf cart...Tony is in the further one. You see, his golf cart FLIES! Ah, the perks of working in NASCAR


Driving to our Motor Home parking spot...we are thinking this is pretty cool...you see it is next to impossible to get infield parking in KC. It is where the big dogs park...


And they arrive in all sorts on ways....


My favorite golf cart is here!


Getting closer to our weekend home...Papa Joe is almost hyperventilating....the excitement....the proximity to the track....the NOISE. How could I forget the sound of NASCAR????


The sticker on our car...DO South Lot. Drivers and Owners that is...and us. Oh yes, Papa Joe loves me! I have never seen him soooo happy when he parked THe Beast..no grumbling...all smiles. And just who is our neighbor?


Well, I saw Illinois plates, and the truck is from Friendly Chevrolet.... None other than Nationwide driver Justin Algair...from Riverton. Seriously race fans, we are parked in the Nationwide Drivers Lot. Papa Joe? Stars truck...he is not a great tester, but he is outside texting me...our next neighbor is Jennifer Joe Cobb...Nationwide "driver chick" as Papa Joe says. He also says her hair is really fuzzy. Really!??? Not only a great spot, but...


Free service...Blue Ox came by, servicing our hitch for free. papa Joe? GIDDY with happiness. More to come friends, much more to come!I

Meanwhile, at home...did you read about my niece in the paper????


Awesome! And at The View...


Jake made a killer table out of an old door....how cool is that? He is one talented man, my favorite sin in law.


He even made this for Julie...Julie as Madonna...


Last weekend I corrupted Finley and Lucy...at Bahan's



Come on, I got them pancakes and chocolate milk!!!


And I was a good grandmother...reading to our favorite little man...Henry


License plate for today...what is your translation!
Off to enjoy NASCAR...explore and stalk.

Location:Speedway Blvd,Kansas City,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment