Saturday, March 19, 2011

Early morning at the lake

Good morning from the Lake of the Ozarks! Papa Joe is on a walk, and I stayed home. What is up with that? I needed more coffee! So I took my coffee and camera outside and found the first signs of spring...


Daffodils! In the front yard.



Green buds on our hydrangeas, now that makes me soooooooooo happy!



Looking out at the neighbors.... I am digging the GREEN grass!
More signs of spring, early morning fishermen, in our back yard.


A bit too brisk for my liking!



A view from the deck, overlooking the pool..dreaming of the beautiful flowers that I will be planting poolside. And just look at the pool...


Sure can't take a quick dip in the pool to rinse off this weekend!



A nice reflection in the yet to be cleaned pool, which brings me to a perplexing relationship... Papa Joe and Doug the pool guy (from now on DTPG). Anyone who knows my Papa Joe knows that when he asks you to do something, he expects it to be done. He is fair, hard working, organized, loyal, determined, and focused. He has high standards, but he in not unreasonable. When he hires someone to do a job, he expects it to be done. If you don't do the job, you have to deal with the consequences...like I said, he is fair. Thus, he is a great businessman. In short, you really do not want to mess with Papa Joe. But, DTPG, messes with Papa Joe, ALL the time, year after year. He promises he will, clean the pool, replace the vacuum, paint the pool, etc...and every year, he is behind schedule, and always has some crazy response to our questions. In any other situation, Papa Joe would fire the guy and replace him with someone who would do the job in a timely and efficient manor. Absolutely no messing around, all business. But, with DTPG, Papa Joe just laughs. Seriously laughs. And the pool saga continues year after year. Cracks me up, I just don't get it...at all!
After breakfast we are meeting with the tile guy, and Papa Joe is all business. This guy is not going to get the DTPG treatment...fair warning!

Location:Osage Beach, Missouri

1 comment: