Saturday, March 12, 2011

Celebrating St. Patrick's Day

My town knows how to celebrate a holiday! A time honored tradition here is the St. Patrick's Day parade. Today was the parade, and it truly is Americana. We waked to the Three Legged Dog and enjoyed the parade out in front. See for yourself!


My nieces, Annie and Lucy. Leaving home to walk to the parade.


Adam and Finley met us...


Finley picking on Beth.


Sarah and her Papa Joe...


On the square...enjoying the sunshine...



Like I said, this is a serious holiday!






Only in Jacksonville... Celebrating our rich agricultural heritage..











My friend Terri...a proud parade participant!



My forever friend Susie...see Sus? You made it!




Like I said, this is serious!!







My friend, the distinguished bank president... Gotta love it!






Isn't she the sweetest thing? Just want to kiss those sweet cheeks!



Our very own toddlers and tiaras! Sweet thing has perfected the wave







Darling Sarah...on the Production Press truck. And Papa Joe, working the crowd..









And the parade ends...however, the celebration continues. We headed to Bahan's for corned beef and cabbage, where...



I found some more friends and co-workers...



Miss Judy is glad for a day away from the Y. God love her!



Henry is enjoying some quality time with his Dad...



Some of Maggie's High School friends meet Henry for the first time... And my friend Susie....made the blog again!



Aw Henry, that's all, aw Henry.



Mad and Jake...



Sweet Sarah....so darling..so festive!






Need I say more? Jacksonville, you never fail to impress me!

Location:Jacksonville, Illinois

2 comments:

  1. Oh so happy to have made the blog - haha! that look on my face in the parade was that of thinking if you didn't take that picture soon, I was definitely going to get run over by the truck behind me!! haha. Happy St Pats Mary - XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun! I had no idea! And good to see Susie!

    ReplyDelete