Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day one

Today we walked up to a local craft sale....enjoying the views on the way....











Annie heading up the hill to meet Maggie and Happy Henry....


Summer crowd at the craft fair





Purchase of the day...supporting the Chikumbuso Women and Children's Project...
Handmade wine bags Made by an aids widow in Zambia using recycled plastic bags. Don't tell Sue...she is getting the top one with a bottle of wine in it.


This year the proceeds (100% of the cost of the bags) will buy bicycles for the children so they can get to and from school. In the past, proceeds have helped AIDS orphans with food, clothing and shelter, and it also pays for a school for more than 300 children in Ng'ombe, Zambia. So, today...I kind of helped someone!! Right? That is my new mission, today...and every day going forward do something to help someone. I have a dear friend, who is sick...reminds me of how precious life is...I want to make a difference! Ok, so uncharacteristic, right??? Enough, back to more of my daily nonsense. I promise!
Just look at our stairs in the cottage...cute, right? Millie Deal...painter extraordinary...love them, don't you?? Sure you do!


And look at my cute cottage bedroom...needlepoint pillows I have made thru the years...and my quilt...I made it using my children's old Lily Pulitzer dresses. I love, love, love it!!!!





And yes, the gum tree again...see the new additions?? Yes, kind of obsessed...kind of weird, I know...


Read this book yesterday..yes, its a one day book. Katie Lee, as in Billy Joel's ex wife. In the credits, she thanked him for being the best ex husband in the world...what the heck is that about??? And if you are in to good books, well, lets put it this way...this is not the great American novel..but it is fun, fluff.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Walking the resort

No comments:

Post a Comment