Thursday, July 28, 2011

Cottage love

In the summers in Michigan in the late 1970's I would babysit a darling little girl named Kari. She was from Champaign, Illinois. When I got married, she came to my wedding with her parents. She babysat my children, and then we all attended her wedding when she got married up here. Then my children babysat her children...and so it goes. Kari and her husband had structural issues with their cottage, so they tore it down and rebuilt it. She had an open house today, so we went. All I can say is...LOVE IT. Her sister in law Dana helped her..Dana is a decorator. Check out the spring issue of Coastal Living, her home is on the cover.
Kari and Dana did not miss a trick! Just look......no words needed...


The sun porch


Living room


Family room


Kari in her beautiful new kitchen....





One of her girls rooms


Jack and Jill bathroom


The other girls bedroom


The guest room


Master bedroom


Part of the master bathroom


Laundry, mudroom


The basement is her brother in laws domain...


Awesome! Cottage envy!!!! But so happy for sweet Kari!

Location:Epworth

No comments:

Post a Comment