Sunday, August 7, 2011

The weekend

My weekend has had a lot of Mt. Sterling, Illinois in it. Friday Jared and I were in Mt. Sterling for a Tri-state YMCA meeting.


This Y is 8 years old....I asked the Director about the funding to build it...1 million from DOT Foods, 1 million from the Tracy Family Foundation, and 1 million from the Tracy Family. Ok, I admit, I have DOT Foods envy for our Y. But what a wonderful gift to the Mt. Sterling Community and to the DOT Foods employees.


Yep, DOT Foods envy. No trip to Mt. Sterling would be complete without a visit to the


A fun adventure...Jared bought fish.
Then it was off to the lake, where one of the Tracy son's and his wife have a house, right across the cove from us.


I am not a stalker, I am sitting on our dock, and this is their house...My friends Nancy and Larry attended Dot's big birthday there.
There was a house auction right across the street from us yesterday...


We never have traffic or cars on the street, so it was exciting! We went, Papa Joe was interested in the price and I was curious about the house. Nosey neighbors in other words.
I had never been to a big time house auction...Papa Joe threatened me...DO NOT MOVE during the auction. As you can imagine, that is all I wanted to do as a result. I could not even drink my fancy auction water...


Papa Joe had on his Illinois College t'shirt and a man came up, started a conversation....he was from Mt. Sterling. We had met before... His wife was bidding on the house for friends. No, he does not work at DOT Foods, but he is in "oil." okay. They had recently built a house here...Joe told them it was my favorite house here...when I realized it WAS my favorite house...(what I have seen if it from the water...) the view from the water


Get it?? Seriously, very nice people.


She is in the middle, and their bidding friends on either side of her. (ok, this is a bit stalkerish...but Papa Joe would not let me take the camera to the auction!!!!)
So, I digress. Back to the auction.
I did not move, but the auctioneer, all fancy in his suit, BURPED in the middle of the auction, on the microphone. Really hard to hold still then. I got extremely nervous, because someone behind me was bidding, and I was afraid it was Papa Joe!! I started getting serious stomach pains! (maybe that was because I was forced to stand still!) well, thankfully it was not Papa Joe, those fancy auctioneer men have shifty eyes. Part of the job, I guess. Our friends stopped at $700,000. Good Heavens!!!!! The house went for $770,000. I am so grateful (as is Papa Joe) that I was able to hold still.
So, back to Mt. Sterling....our new friends asked if we had seen RT's Cove. yes, I replied, I walk by it on my walks here...had wondered about it, as it had been in development, and then sat empty for several years, we realized that someone had purchased it this year and was working on it. He told us DOT Foods owned it and had built a conference center and more condo's as a DOT retreat. (RT...Robert Tracy)





Nice! Ok, I am scared I have become a stalker!!! Just interested, since my weekend started in Mt. Sterling.
So I stopped stalking and we took the boat out and headed to


At


For lunch. Great musician...


He really was....this was during his Elvis set...really!


Only at the lake...or NASCAR
A couple came up to Papa Joe, still in his IC t'shirt. Their daughter had just graduated from IC. See, you have to behave wherever you are...small world. I hope my children are reading this!!


Yep, he loves his Dock Girls!!!


More purple Martin houses...must be a Missouri thing


And for the record...this house BOTHERS me. Why would you build a huge house on the water,with only one tiny deck and so few window facing the water??? Do not understand. And, none of my business!!!!


Enjoy your Sunday!

Location:Osage Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment