Sunday, August 21, 2011

Farewell to the fair

This weekend, I learned some new things...


Illinois State Police officers have to spend the week at the Fair. They have come from all across the state and basically take up residence in Springfield for the week. But they do seem to have fun.


An unusual sight...a llama in front of Baskin Robbins??


So what did I learn....??? I learned how to make lattes, cafreezes, fruit blasts, espressos, etc....


And you know what? I do not think that anyone suffered from food poisoning! I actually loved my latte!


Lauren was with me for part of the day...

And the Matt helped....
What else did I learn?


They ran out of fabric when making this shirt....


Illinois does make some good wine


And it tasted good...and I probably should not be drinking while working...but the owner is my husband.... And I only had one small glass..... And I deserved it! I was tired. I discovered pumpkin wine. I know...it sounds awful. But trust me, it is a dry wine and it really was good and made me anxious for the start of fall!


I learned that my family loves the fair, rides, games, food, and fun!


I learned that a cute girl dressed up as a slice of pizza can really attract a crowd...





I learned that there is such a thing as a Pork Patrol.... ??????


As evening came, the lights of the rides


The vendors...


Gave the illusion of a great Circus. Our thoughts, prayers and love go out to Jake, Marilyn and their entire family....every circus will forever remind us of Mike, and make us smile.

Location:Springfield, Illinois

No comments:

Post a Comment