Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A few of my obsessions

Ok, so I am obsessed, like you care!
Since we returned from Portofino, Italy, I cannot get enough pasta with pesto. In Portofino, we ate lunch at a charming outdoor cafe in the harbor...


Still dreaming about the pink linens and the pasta....


And the beauty of Portofino...if you read People magazine (yes, I am addicted...but hey, I also read Moby Dick and Tolstoy..that gives me depth, right???) but back to People....lots of celebs frequent Portofino....so there you go!
So, back to obsessions...I crave the pesto...so I have been making it a lot with basil from the garden, and the remaining olive oil and Parmesan purchased on the trip...


Yep, soooo staged! My delicious dinner tonight....the tomatoes are also from my garden


And of course, I had to grill some chicken to go with it. But in this heat...grilling inside...


Ok, so why is the picture so much of the stove and so little of the chicken?? Well, just look at the stove...as my friend Dianne said..."you have a Ferrari in your kitchen. " Papa Joe and I are totally, completely, insanely obsessed with our Viking range. It is our baby. So yeah, sharing the love with you! And for the record, delicious pasta!


And zucchini bread...the first bread I ever made...in High School. And I made it all the time. Well, I am still making it. And seems like I make it a lot. We have a lot of zucchini in the garden. Yea,yea, I am Mother Earth. Just absolutely adore how fresh my food is this time of the year.

More obsessions...my chandeliers....











Just a sampling.... Several of my collection have relocated to a darling farm house east of town. Yep, Maggie has them.
Ok, enough of my obsessions!

No comments:

Post a Comment