Monday, May 13, 2013

DC

Papa Joe and I headed east to see the boys...'twas a lovely drive. I mean, if you are driving, you might as well enjoy the scenery. And I did. Imagine that....





Our first stop in DC, of course...the car wash.


DC was gorgeous....we walked up to the National Cathedral...the boys were busy....


Dinner with Cole and crew is always entertaining. Well, let me rephrase that...dinner with Cole and Jon entertains the rest of us. You would think they practiced their jokes, their timing, etc...here they are with Jim, Papa Joe, Archer, the duo, Alex and Greg.


Here I am with Kim. This is the first time in 4 years that we have been able to coordinate our visit. This was before I fell. Yep, special Mom. Warning...put your glasses back on before getting up in a darkened bar to walk to the bathroom. I walked right off a step and fell flat on my....knees. Now that is really special. Kim, being the true friend she is told me that my fall was really graceful. I know the truth..I am terrifically uncoordinated, and when I fall, I fall.


Breakfast before Cole headed off to work. Yes, look at Papa Joe's face...pure disgust! But I LOVE taking his picture.


And he actually let me in his office! I took the bus and the metro...and made it all the way to Capitol Hill. Yep, special! Mama is all grown up.


Kim, Jim, Papa Joe and I all stayed here...no, not in the same room. For Pete's sake! Just the same floor. right across fom the...


Russian embassy...oh come on, look closely, behind the umbrella, in the trees...


The big event of the weekend....graduation! Alex and Ruri graduated with their Masters from American University. Very impressive!!!


A very proud Papa Joe with the graduates.


Kim, Cole and Greg at lunch


Jim, moi and Jon


While at the next restaurant/bar sat this distinguished gentleman having a beer with a whiskey shot. This fine specimen is a United States Congressman from Arizona.


Our next stop...the Nationals game...they played the Cubs. Cubs WIN!!! Don't worry, this was early, the park filled up.


On the backs of the seats...yep, a new way to be lazy...order from your seat.


I met Ewan, seen here with Cole and Jon. Ewan wore a kilt to his wedding...Ewan is Scottish. And if there were bagpipes, I am mad. He should have invited me. I love bagpipes. I guess it would have been hard to invite me, seeing as how he did not know me then. Well, if he and his darling wife renew their vows...invite me!!


It was Pups in the Park Day. At the ballpark.


Papa Joe would have loved it....but he was on an embassy tour with Alex and Ruri.


He wasn't real happy. The lines were long....and I mean long. But I got a cool British bag out of it. Well that helped me...not him. Oh well.


Papa Joe and I went to the Glover Park Farmers Market....it was AWESOME. Even in the rain.


We spent some time on Cole and Jon's porch....


Dan, Cole and John Kanaga. Dan lived with Cole and Jon and he and his fiancé Laura are ,owing to Tulsa on Wednesday. Cole and Jon are very sad. John Kanaga is looking in DC...he is hoping to relocate there. Cousins...and good friends...a good combination. But the two of them in the same city.....not sure....not sure at all!!! It could be dangerous.


Dinner with the graduates and John K.


Sometimes the like to me take pictures. After they have had cocktails. Then Cole saw via Instagram that his friends were having fun without him...at his house. So we walked over to check it out.


They were having fun! See Papa Joe? The hand under the lamp..?
They had been playing Flip Cup....


They take it seriously.....I am thinking Liz won. Yes, girls rule. I even got in on the fun. I mean, it was Mother's Day. But I didn't know what I was doing and I guess you could say I flipped my cup too hard..I mean if it ends up in the next room, it is a bit too hard, right? So, one and done. They never have any fun. Ever.
Meanwhile, back at home....


Julie admired the birthday present I gave her. Recognize that ring??? Yep, got it in England, well in England in Epcot Center. Julie is THE Princess Diana fan...so. Dang, I broke the bank for her!


Lucy turned 15 and they rented an inflatable boxing ring for her.


Mad and Jake got a new sassy rug and re arranged the furniture again. I am so proud of my girls! They move furniture as much as I do!!!


Julie and friends took the drunk bus to Meredosia to celebrate her birthday....they also never have fun.
It was a great way to celebrate Mothers Day...with my boy.
Ok, I am tired. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment