Saturday, March 24, 2012

A weekend away

Madeline has to have rather major ear surgery...again..on Monday, so she and Jake and I ran away to the lake for a quick weekend...


But first...Jake mowed our yard...March people, it is March and we have 80+ degrees... We have mowed 3 times...and we live in Illinois.


And my staff gave the Y a nice check....


And Jake hung the chandelier that Madeline bought for The View...


Henry loved his food


And Nate joined another circus...look how awesome he looks...seriously he has lost alot of weight...all of that juggling practice at the Y!!!


And my sweet Fin...snuggling in my bed
So we hit the road...first stop...


Antiquing....just outside of Pittsfield


A Civil War statue..a beautiful day that quickly turned into....


A crappy day to drive!
But we made it...and my new couch was there!!!!


LOVE it!!!


A beautiful sunset at Baxters where we had dinner..


Jake and Mad


Seriously? Big Ten Football fan...come on...get real!!


Reupholstered chairs in the living room....


The new lamp I purchased today...pretty darn proud of it!!!


More new purchases...lake glass


More purchases... And speaking of purchases...here are Jake's


Not a bad day of shopping!


The lake was magical today... I sat on the deck and read for hours..



Great fun!!!


The Super Highway is complete...still in shock over it...


And then the tattooed people....ok, bad photo...Jake took it...this woman had a HUGE tattoo on her chest..."beautifully broken" is what it said....unreal...and I really wanted to share it... Then I saw this at Target...


Chin on down...tat city...oh yes, I was obvious and Jake deserted me. Oh well. I am pretty certain that he did not follow me home!!


Breakfast a the Cozy Cafe...rumored to be John Goodman's favorite....


Pretty Darn good!


The lake today.....remember..it is March in the Midwest...what in the world???


So what is this you ask? A spray tan gone BAD... Madeline got a spray tan....and then went out in the rain. Yep, a spray tan gone very BAD!!!!


Dinner at Little Rizzo's...yes, sun...from my afternoon on the deck....


And another beautiful sunset...a great way to end a perfect day...

Location:Brookhaven Ln,Sunrise Beach,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment