Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday...

Maggie had to have a procedure...this morning. I drove over to Springfield to wait with Adam and on my way, I saw THE most perfect DOUBLE RAINBOW. Always a good sign.


Did you know that it is always hard to find veins on redheads? Me either. Today was the first I had ever heard of this. And being the mama of 2 redheads one would think I would know this. And yes, I really did put this picture in! My girl is fine, by the way.


This is Cole's desk at work. He had a daily Starbucks habit, which to me is perfectly fine...since there is no Three Legged Dog in DC. But, ever mindful of expenses, Cole splurged and bought himself a Stanley thermos. You see, favorite son in law Adam, takes a thermos to work daily. You know, the hours in a combine call for caffeine fixes ... Frequently. So Cole, is now a Stanley man. Cracks me up!!!



Yep, just another day at work. OK...so it was a GREAT FABULOUS day at work!!
So I took the check downtown to show my Board Chair before we took it to the bank. And, well, in my excitement, I locked my keys in the car. Luckily, this beautiful weather saved me...the sunroof was open. And seeing as I was in a skirt, and there was a crowd gathering from the local tavern we were parked in front of (come on kids, 1:30 in the afternoon, day before St. Patrick's Day...doesn't everyone belly up?) I let Jared do the honors...to the cheers from the bar crowd...seriously.


Yes, that's my cute new purse on the hood.


Hero of the afternoon. Then I set off the car alarm. Yes, the crowd was then cheering.


We finally made it to Bob's office...he too was happy!


Today was a great day...weather wise...look at Duncan Park. Aglow with Spring beauties! my Mom's best friend Emy suggested we take Mom for a drive since the weather has been so beautiful...


(Just look at that temperature from my car on Thursday! Yes, mid March in Illinois and it reads 86 degrees.)
And to our great happiness, Mom agreed! So we took her to see her great grandchildren at the Farm... This was her first time out of the house since early January.


Here she is with Adam and Henry


Millie and Finley peering in at her. yep, Finley is eating a cupcake!
Then we drove over to The View...


Jake hung the shutters and...


Stenciled the door...which Madeline had painted. Mom actually got a tour inside as well...


Millie, Mom, me and Emy. like I said, it was a GREAT day. Yes, I still have a HUGE head.


Look at the bathroom...cruising along!
After we took Mom home...she told me that I was better to her than she had been to her mother. SO NOT TRUE. I learned by example. But it was an afternoon I will always remember...my cup runneth over.
Papa Joe and I took Finley to the farm. Papa Joe's farm where Finley's parents were married. And she played on the swings..








And yes, she is still wearing her boots.


When we returned to town, we decided to go to Leo's for pizza...


Julie's Italian, Salvatore took our girl into the kitchen...


Then his sister Antonia wanted to hold her....star of Leo's she was!


We had a great afternoon...and as soon as we pulled in her driveway and she saw her parents, she exclaimed..with a tearful tremor in her voice...."I came home!" and she was glad to be there.
As I drove off, I had to stop and capture this....


The view on Fox Lane. A perfect ending to a perfect day.


I am thankful. That is all. I am thankful.

Location:City Pl,Jacksonville,United States

1 comment: