Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Beast is moving!

Hello race fans! the Beast is once again on the move...this time heading to Michigan to the Heluva 500.


Papa Joe behind the wheel as we pull out of the farm.
There's no place like home for me, unless it is Michigan! My favorite place in the world...Ludington. But, not our destination this time. We are heading to the Irish Hills of Michigan. The roar of the engines, the sound of the dryers, the people, the t'shirts, the joyful noise of the drunk NASCAR fans, who knows, maybe I will even make it to the wheelbarrow races! Yes race fans, we are in for another adventure! And so are you, if you follow along!!! Papa Joe is SO over my camera, lovingly telling me that I am inappropriate taking so many pictures. Whatever! Is what I respond. So I may be adventuring along alone some. Not a problem for me!! (I often remind him that my minor in college was Photography. ok, so it was 30 years ago...it is me returning to my roots!!!)
Once again, we are parked in the infield...and this time, I can FEEL it...Junior will win! I never got to see Michael Jordan play basketball, so it is only right that I should see Junior win. mainly I want to witness the roar of the Junior Nation as he wins.
On the way, this is what I am reading:


I know, but my certification renewal date is July 1. Gotta do it.


I hear this is a fabulous book...


Summer books...probably not a lot of substance...


Funny thing about this author, my friend the Editor at Simon and Schuster says she is a biocha!! Writes well though!!

Location:Leaving the farm, Jacksonville, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment