Saturday, July 14, 2012

Susan has a birthday!

My friend Susan told me in Spinning class that she was going to be in the Ozarks this weekend with her co-workers...so Papa Joe and I invited them over for a boat ride...to celebrate her birthday...what started out as a three hour tour, turned into 10 hours! Safe to say....it was a fun day! And well documented....read on!!


Papa Joe and the girls from On The Clip Side. Susan is to the right of Papa Joe. Susan cuts my hair, my girls, my sisters' and my nieces. She did Mom's hair twice a week for 28 years, so she is like family... it was very special to celebrate her birthday with her, on the lake.


Susan and Theresa at our first stop, Coconuts, for lunch. Theresa did Mom's nails for years. Both she and Susan came to the house throughout Mom's illness to take care of her "beautification" as they called it.
Susan thought she wanted to get a tattoo....Theresa and I encouraged her NOT to. With a little help...


From our waitress....so she decided to go the airbrushed way...





She developed quite an audience...


Final results, her husband John's initials. She is hoping it will last until she gets home to show John. poor guy, thinks it is real, and is not too happy about it....


Next stop...Backwater Jacks. A new friend Mick, or is it Nick? Kayla and Melissa with him.


Here he is with Susan. She was trying to text pictures on his phone...he got a bit nervous.... Susan is like Mom, never met a stranger. Everywhere we went, she would be at another table, making new friends.


Staff shirts at Backwater Jacks...really??????


Next stop, Dog Days. The girls were a big hit!!


Papa Joe's new friend...the owner of J Parsons in Springfield. He told Papa Joe he was filing for bankruptcy next week. Ok, good to know. He told Papa Joe far more than he wanted to know....including the fact that he was now living here at the lake with his girlfriend...who he met when she was selling fireworks in Meredosia. Ok...STOP...STOP...enough!


This guy is the J Parsons dude's friend. He got up with the band...and actually...very good! Mustang Sally


The girls liked his music! Ok, let's be honest, the girls liked everything! It was an entertaining day...


Susan takes her dancing seriously!


Final stop....for Papa Joe and me...Wobbly Boots. Kayla on stage with Dale Blue. I know, Finley is jealous!


But before we left, Papa Joe took a spin around the dance floor with all the girls! Oh my!
But, look at my new purchase! Remember I saw one in Michigan and Beth had sent me the info on them....


My new bike basket! Love love love it!!!
And Maggie? Still busy sewing...


A new shower curtain in the cottage.
And Cole and Adam??Deep Lake fishing on Lake Michigan..


That's my boy!


Favorite son in law!


Andrew, Stevie, Adam, Cole and Brian


A great way to end a great vacation.
And Sally?


Dear Rachel took her girls to see Sally at school. What a wonderful thing to do...Sally got to chose the restaurant.....her favorite...


McDonalds!!!! Here she is with Ava and Vivi. Life truly is full of wonderful moments!

Location:Osage Beach, Missouri

No comments:

Post a Comment