Monday, April 11, 2011

In love!!!


Honestly, the pictures will tell the tale...but Papa Joe and I have fallen totally, completely, madly in love with Portofino!! We started with breakfast on the deck...




Overlooking Portofino, then we set out on the Tender,



Into...heaven!



We hiked for 3 hours..straight up and over to Santa Margharita... And it was only 4.5 miles, but when I say straight up, I mean it!!





















Our guide lit a candle for us, praying we would make it!



Wild onions growing out of the rocks..



I'm a little obsessed with the laundry...






Hoping Maggie will paint it for me!
We hiked to Santa Margharita, had refreshments and came back to Portofino where we had lunch...



A bit obsessed with the pink table linens... And my spaghetti with pesto.
We purchased wine, olive oil and pesto to take home.

I was intrigued, this dinghy is a rental, locals take it out to fish...





And check their traps. Then they return and show off their catch.



Local artists...



Local craftsmen


Local shops...


You name it, Gucci, Hermes, Ferragamo... They all have mini shops here. Rumor has it George Clooney boats over for lunch often...


Like I said, LOVE, pure and simple!
Now, I am on the deck of the ship getting ready to go to yoga and Papa Joe is getting a massage. The walk did him in!!!










Portofino...LOVE!!!

Location:Portofino, Italy

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures, Mary! Thanks for sharing your amazing trip.

    ReplyDelete