Monday, April 4, 2011

Bookcases

When we remodeled our family room two years ago, we opened up a wall between
The kitchen and family room. In doing so, we lost the only bookcases in the house. Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love books. I love to read them, I love to hold them, I love the look of them. So, all my books were in boxes in the garage. One day I showed Papa Joe a picture in a magazine of some bookcases that I loved.

Six months later, I had bookcases!!! I now have a "library.". And I love it!!


They wrap around the corner, and are trimmed out beautifully!



My Grandfather's hood ornament...his initials..E.E.C. isn't it fantastic?









Old family books that I cherish, new books that I love...they all have a story, a history with me. They all mean something to me. My friend Chris is an editor with Simon and Schuster and periodically sends me a box, loaded to the gills with amazing books...best gifts ever!!!


I am slowly filling these bookcases, each book has a place of honor. Happy room for me!!!

Another very happy room, is our laundry/mudroom.... Just look at it...






I love doing laundry, can't explain it. I just do! Another happy room for me!!!

Location:W College Ave,Jacksonville,United States

1 comment:

  1. I love when you do my laundry :) and wish I had your love for laundry...

    ReplyDelete