Saturday, June 16, 2012

Weekend again..

I am the commuter wife...if I want to see Papa Joe this summer, I get in my car (or "vehicle" as men call it!) on Friday afternoons and drive to the lake to join him.


It is worth it! This weekend, the weather has been wonderful! This morning, Papa Joe rescued a ground squirrel from drowning in the pool...


Looks like a rat to me.... But Papa Joe ran down and saved him. Papa Joe does not even walk to the bathroom barefoot, but he ran to save this rodent (in my eyes) barefoot. He was worried, not sure that it would survive, but it did. Such rat drama!!!
We got on the boat at 9:30 am to check out a Farmer's Market on the water...


Ok, well...


It was teeny, and just ok. They tried to tell us that the Menonites grew the lemons on their farms locally. Ok, whatever. So not true!!!


Papa Joe ordered a drink...called a Pain in The Ass. It was a mixture of a piƱa colada and a rum runner, when the barkeep asked if Joe wanted an extra shot of rum...he said yes. I almost fell off of my boat seat bar seat! It was, after all, 11:00 am. To say the least, the drink was soon dumped off the side of the boat!!!


We cruised around and ended at Coconuts for lunch...


Lovely views, great lunch.


And midwesterners at their finest. I thought this was a Better Business Bureau tattoo at first. WRONG. And then, Cole sent some photos...from North Carolina... lake Norman to be exact...with the 3 Statler children(adult children)






Another idyllic weekend!!
And Maggie?


A bachelorette weekend in Chicago... I really am glad that I am not young anymore!!


A sunset from North Carolina....
Happy Saturday!

Location:Autumn Ln,Osage Beach,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment